28 Kasım 2015 Cumartesi

The only feeling that remains at the end of the day...

Is grief. Grief for the days that cannot be undone or taken back.


This is a phrase from a dear friend, David, who is actually a well known musician in the field. (keeping his surname for privacy:)) And just like any other good friend, he came to listen to me today over a nice dinner he brought and a dessert I baked. It is such a relief to have friends like him that makes you feel not alone and loved. As he studied psychology at University so he diagnosed you with something that I don't really recall right now, but I can tell you it is beyond a simple diagnosis of depression.

And after all those weeks, I think only today, I felt like moving on. I changed almost everything in my room, and all the things even has a little potential of reminding you to me. And through the conversation I had with David, he stated this remarkable fact:

"No feeling is permanent, except for one, and that is grief. Grief for the days that cannot be undone or taken back, and grief for the lost ones that won't be able to return."

It reminded me of one of your phrases: "You only realise what is precious after they're gone."

Tell me, what kind of diagnosis of self-trouble would lead one to knowingly lose things that are dear to them?

Unless they are liars.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder